Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Our New House!

So back in November, we bought a house!! It was  a cute little fixer-upper, and we had to have it! It was the weirdest thing. We weren't even really looking for a house anymore, but our realitor was still sending us houses to look at. I was looking through some of the emails and I came across this house. It was a little hard on the eyes, but the tile was beautiful and it was cheap! Just for fun, I asked Kyle if we could stop and look in the windows on the way to the store.

           So we are looking in the windows, and this place was TRASHED! There were huge holes in the walls, every wall was a different color. Someone had even spray-painted in the shower!!! This house looked like a lost cause, but for some reason I couldn't shake the feeling that it was supposed to be ours. When we walked around to the backyard, I couldn't believe it. The yard was HUGE! (for St. George) That was one of the most important things I was looking for in a house. Everything else could be fixed, but you couldn't build a yard.

        Luckily my husband and his family build houses, so we had plenty of help fixing it up just the way we wanted it! It's an older home, so there are HUGE mature tees that give us a ton of shade! (and a ton of leaves for raking...) Tha major selling piont for me was the yard. The house is on a quarter acre and the yard is Splendid! Well... it will be when it has grass and stuff.... :) Let's just say there is tonz of potential! So while you look at these pics, think ... potential.


















Fixing the house up ourselves was so fun! I think it really made me appreciate it more. I like to call it the surprise house because it looks old and ugly on the outside, then you walk in to SURPRISE!!! Everything is new and updated! haha... Anyways... Here are some pictures of the house BEFORE and DURING the renovations....
   I pretty much did the whole house myself....between posing for pictures that is....
Kyle was so happy the whole time!! Especially when I took pictures of him while he worked!

We broke through into the storage room so we could build a big mud room/ laundry room.



We are going to put a new wood burning stove here.


 













1 comment:

Robbie + Carly said...

That is so cool! We have been putting in tons of offers on houses that need a lot of work! I want to see it!